UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Helll. I mean. Van Vauxhall vivaro 1.9 2003 diesel. I just…

Customer Question
Hello I mean Mechanic's...

Hello I mean

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Van Vauxhall vivaro 1.9 2003 diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

I just bought it van two month ago and service was last year and it is low mileage is 103,000 and last service was 98,000 so all I got problem is every 20 mins to start the van ..I have spend new is brand new battery...maf...air mass meter....Egr valve....and now it come back again same problem...I don't know if it could be fuel pressure?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

What is mini

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Why van get one time to start and no more 2,000 revs

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/4/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Greg, Shop Owner replied 4 months ago
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner

Hi name is ***** ***** I am a Automotive expert here at Just Answer.
I Just noticed that your question had not received a reply and thought I would see if you still need help with this.
I'm sorry for the long delay and I hope I can still assist you with this question .
My information is a little limited on your vehicle at the moment but I had seen no one else has replyed and would like to know if I can till help you.
If you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.
let me know by useing the reply tab so we can continue .
Remember in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being in front of it.
Kindest regards Greg.

Hello
Yeah I am still here and struggle with my van problem Bec I need it for my work so I am bit confuse which went wrong is either is MAF or fuel regulator so I am not spend more money on this cos xmas is coming so far I hv spend is Egr valve and brand new battery as well.
All I have problem is no revs when start up...have to keep going less than 20 mins before fire up but when I drive for 45 mins later then pop to shop then back to van and again try start for 20 mins alter fire up ..I can't keep doing it all the time.I not sure if it is mass air meter? Mass air filter? Then now no revs while engine is running for ten mins then revs went up to 4,000 rpm no more from then....but while I drive and suddenly lose power while drive (very slow move) thank god I just nearly arrive at home while very very slow with low revs under 2,000 rpmI feel like I want pull my hair lol
First you need to get hooked up to scan tool and check for malfunction codes. Can you do this and get me the codes.
Greg
Hello code say no codes from my van so I guess I might buy op com diagnostic tools??
Sadly a code reader will not read manufacture codes only generic codes .
With top level diagnostic scan tool you can check the glow plug system .
If you have just one failed glow plug can cause a hard start issue just like you are having ..
Rgds Greg
Four All brand new glow plug mmm
Ok good now when engine is cold hook up a test light to the glow plug circuit and switch on the ignition, test light should light up for 8 to 15 seconds .
Do this let me know if bad may not light up or only for one to two seconds.
Greg
Hello
I got fault code is
P0400 ( exhaust gas recirculating circuit low input)
That all I find fault code...it is only one problem
Ok blank off the EGR valve this is stuck open and causing you a fuel air mix issue .
Check on eBay and look for a EGR blanking plate for your model .
This a typical issue . If you have a problem finding this let me know and I will find it for you.
Greg
Hello
I am not buy any shop call eBay because I had problem with this in past so where can I buy from?
Unless u know which one sho apart from eBay?
Pls let me know
Cheers

Hi.

Okay here is an example of what you need you could also have it made .

Very easy to do or pop round to your local metal shop .

Please click here >>>here<<<

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

Rgds Greg

Hello
I hv order blanking plate and hopefully arrive today but up to four day to arrive so when once fix the plate and see what happened then I will let you know ok
I believe u r great help
Keep touch real soon
Thank you
Tracey

Okay Tracey sounds good .

All the best .

Greg

Greg
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner