UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

There is a strap caught in the boot lock so it will not

Customer Question
There is a strap...

There is a strap caught in the boot lock so it will not open

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Elgrand 54 plate

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've taken the inner plate off and there's a metal lever which feels like it should be the handle but it doesn't open when I press it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just want to know how to release the boot when it's locked itself like this

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

64000 no - it's new to us. But there is a strap caught in it as the buggy fell over while shutting the boot

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
I've tried locking and unlocking, putting pressure on the lock, pulling the strap, taking inner panel off - I've used release levers in several other cars in the past but I can't find this one!
12/4/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Greg, Shop Owner replied 7 months ago
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner

Hi name is ***** ***** I am a Automotive expert here at Just Answer.
I Just noticed that your question had not received a reply and thought I would see if you still need help with this.
I'm sorry for the long delay and I hope I can still assist you with this question .
My information is a little limited on your vehicle at the moment but I had seen no one else has replyed and would like to know if I can till help you.
If you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.
let me know by useing the reply tab so we can continue .
Remember in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being in front of it.
Kindest regards Greg.

I'd really appreciate some help, thank you! Do you have all the details I gave yesterday? It's a simple problem with a strap shut in the boot lock, so I just need to find the boot release lever but can't find any information on this!
Have a person but some pressure from the inside pressing out wards and withe the latch press in as to open hope you understand what I mean