UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a vauxhall insignia 66 plate and cd player won't

Customer Question
I have a vauxhall...

I have a vauxhall insignia 66 plate and cd player won't switch on come up on dash board screen audio off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Seems to be no fuse in that place where suposed to be worked fine last night just not cane on today

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '66 Vauxhall?

Ecoflex 2.0 Diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuses tried leaving for few mins locked car hoping would reset but hadn't would like to fix myself instead of taking to dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No its thanks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
12/4/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 9 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the cd player or radio internally with it needing removed and replaced or repaired.In some cases, you can reset it by pulling the fuse for it for several minutes and reinstalling the fuse.If this does not work you will need to have the fault codes read out to see what codes are set then those codes diagnosed and repaired to see if it needs to be replaced or repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete