UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Anti skid temporarily off then car dead won’t start. Xc90…

Customer Question
Hi anti skid temporarily...

Hi anti skid temporarily off then car dead won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

Xc90 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just happened right now I am still with the car haven’t tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What could be the reason is completely dead or it is fixable what to do I am on a road side thanks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/3/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that could be causing you no start condition and it will require some testing to determine exactly what is going on. If it died while driving and now will not crank then I suspect it died because it wasn't charging, and it will now not start because the battery is dead.

Without testing equipment there isn't anything you'll be able to do on the side of the road other than make sure battery connections are tight and there are no visible problems with cables, connections, etc. If no problems can be found visually then it will require deeper testing, if the vehicle is electrically dead then the first step will be to test battery voltage.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.