UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a petrol sebring, that cuts out, then struggles to…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a petrol sebring, that cuts out, then struggles to restart.....sometimes the car just turns off when going round corners...any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Yeah, I think it is using more gas than it used to....it does start, but I have to give it high revs to keep it going....

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sebring?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm tryig to fix it myself...after looking around, I have come to the idea it might be poor battery connection...and/or the ASD relay...what do you think?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope...any advice on this issue would be good..thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/2/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that could be going on. You may be losing spark for a number of reasons such as a bad crank sensor, a wiring issue or even the powertrain control module itself. You could also be losing fuel pressure due to a pump, connection or wiring issue. It's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is going on.

Have you checked for fault codes?