UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Key error on s80. 170000, I have neither. 2007. I’m stranded…

Customer Question
Key error on s80 ...

Key error on s80

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

170000, I have neither

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your S80?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S80 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m stranded at 3am, problem just arose

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just says reinsert key

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 3 days by:
12/4/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 7 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with the key itself.If the key has an internal electrical fault it can cause this message you are seeing and it would need to be replaced.If you have a second key at home if there is a way to get it to you this should be tried to see if this will resolve the fault.If you do not have access to a second key you may need to have it towed to a dealer to have the key tested and if found faulty the key would need to be replaced and programmed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete