UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Laguna 3, 2008. The steering lock won't engage, it just

Customer Question
Laguna 3, 2008. The...

Laguna 3, 2008. The steering lock won't engage, it just makes a clicking noise.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Noise comes from the steering wheel, like it's trying to lock when the wheel is turned, just noticed it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Renault?

Will just go and check

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't done anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Model DCI 150

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 4 days by:
12/4/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 9 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described and with what I have seen this sounds like a fault with the steering lock itself.The electronic lock can fail internally causing this noise as well as no operation or incorrect operation.If this was already replaced let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete