UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need a new clutch pedal fir my audi s4 c4 1992, the

Customer Question
I need a new...

I need a new clutch pedal fir my audi s4 c4 1992, the bearing is worn so the pedal is moving too much

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

I have changed the master sylinder 4 times, but the tip breaks off every time, guess it is the pedal that is not tights

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tight

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

As mentioned, replaced theaster cylinder 4 times, breaks at the exact same place every time, clutch itself is ok

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
11/29/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Matt, Mechanical Engineer

Hello

I'd suggest to get in touch with the Audi specialist breakers yards:

http://www.vwaudibreakers.co.uk/

or

http://justgermanparts.co.uk/

No itens there, so will try my luck elsewhere

hello an alternative would be to ream the beaing / bush out and fit an IGUS / plastic bush?

this would then restore the original bearing size and take the slop out

https://www.igus.co.uk/

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt