UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 jeep Cherokee and electronic throttle control…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 jeep Cherokee and electronic throttle control light came on yesterday. Could it have anything to do with my power steering fluid been low

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

I'm not sure when fluid was checked but bolts where lose 2 weeks ago on something on power steering pump I think

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

No not myself I had an engine rebuild last year. I have started to notice a slight knock when I brake

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No nothing else thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
11/29/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: vwtech0405, Vw tech replied 7 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, Vw tech

Good afternoon more then likely that light has nothing to do with a power steering issue , first thing you will need to do is have the trouble codes checked to see what code triggered the light to come on , usually this light is triggered by a issue with the intake manifold swirl motor but checking the trouble codes first with a scan tool will show you what the issue is and what to check . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback star rating for the help provided thank you