UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I got a ecm-6805 boost pressure contol - falty flow, on my…

Customer Question
Hello, I got a...

Hello, I got a ecm-6805 boost pressure contol - falty flow, on my Volvo XC 90, 2005 D5. It goes to limp mode when I pass 2600rpm, looks like its worse when its very cold outside.

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Good condition, I have checked the vacuum hoses for leaks and cleaned the egr valve. it was a lot of black stuff in there. it has only been driven 217.000km

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC 90 yourself? What have you tried so far?

The simple stuff I do my self. last time i had trubble with it, it was a wire break to the air regulator, but it in a workshop I they fixed it. been good ever since. but now it will not pass 2600rpm without going in "limp" mode. try to change the TCV and the boos control solenoid. and I have found no leaks in the vacuum hoses. One time i had a hevy load, and it looked like it behaved better for a while..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I suspect the turbo is full of the black stuff. and does this cost anything?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Car
11/28/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 9 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the turbo itself is failing it will cause the code you see here as well as the lack of power issue.Also if there is a fault with the turbo boost pressure sensor this will also cause this issue.I would have the turbo and boost pressure sensor checked/tested to see if any of these are found to be an issue needing repaired or replaced to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete