UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

700r4 wont go into gear on odrive. Rebuild But works hop…

Customer Question
700r4 wont go into...

700r4 wont go into gear on odrive. Rebuild But works hop fine

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Missed some it is rebuild.. I have worked tvice and I cant fin antingen wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

Corvette 74 with tpi and a th 700 from 87

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corvette yourself? What have you tried so far?

All.. Checked sprag all clutch pack are fin and pressur Checked with air

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

NO I think it says all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
11/28/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 7 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On some of these models there was a kick down cable that lead from the carburetor to the transmission and if this cable was incorrectly adjusted or installed it would cause this issue here.If this was not checked this should be done.If this was checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I umderstand what you says about The tv cable. But i no a little bit more. Oil is right tv cable is right. The problem is that when i put in 4D i have no gear. The Gearbox work perfekt in all The other gear... And IF I push thanks car up to 60mph i cant get engage The fourth. But cant start The car stading still in drive
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 7 months ago

Are you sure you had rebuilt it properly and replaced all worn and damaged components as well as put it back together properly making sure everything was installed and aligned?