UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 Lincoln navigator. the battery was near flat…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 Lincoln navigator. the battery was near flat but still powered up all electrics but not enough power to turn over the engine. i charged the battery up all day, turned the ignition key and all electrics, dash lights, radio ect kicked in as normal but wouldn't turn the engine, had asecond attempt then the ignition key wouldn't turn in the barrel (steering lock was free) eventually managed to turn the key but every thing was completely dead, no clicks, dash lights radio ect. only internal lights and running side boards working.Checked all fusses that could be effected but all seem to be ok (internal fuse box by the drivers foot wellis there a main fuse somewhere that could have blown, or any other reason why powers lost

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Just suddenly went, as if a fuse was blown

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself, i have power to everything that is not turned on/off by the ignition switch/key

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Battery was still connected to the car whilst charging as the instructions on the charger purchased said disconnecting the battery was not necessary

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
11/27/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: HDGENE, ASE Master Auto Tech replied 7 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Auto Tech

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, how old is the battery? Does it pass a load test if tested? The key is still having issues turning?