UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Bought a bakkie but the radio says code with 11 on the left…

Customer Question
Hey I bought a...

Hey I bought a bakkie but the radio says code with 11 on the left bottom. The code they gave me doesn't work. How do I fix it please.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

Yes the code they gave me is the same as the one in the glove box.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Ford?

I bought a 2005 ford bantam bakkie 1.6. The radio in it is a 6000 cd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 6000 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only tried yhe code they gave me, but it doesn't work and the 11doesnt change if i put the code in. I have the radio serial number if that will help

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment thank you

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
11/28/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris

No thank you

Okay