UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Ford Ranger 2.2 dsl 2013, bakkie cuts out now and…

Customer Question
Hi there. I have...

Hi there. I have a Ford Ranger 2.2 dsl 2013, bakkie cuts out now and then on high revolution. Diesel filter and injetors was repalced, but problem persists

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

It has about 280000 km on the clock, was serviced on 275000. Fuel filter was changed on 280000 when problem started

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ranger?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, because it is already out of warrenty. I changed the fuel injectors as well as the filters, but it did not solve the problem. From start, when you pull away and go over 3000rpm, then bakke cuts out due to no fuel. If you wait 1 minute more or less, you can start bakkie again

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I though that it could be dirty diesel, so I used injector cleaner and completely drove out 3 tanks of diesel to almost empty, and problem still persists

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
11/27/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 7 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to an issue with the crank sensor sending a false signal needing replaced or losing signal at high rpm's as I have seen before.I have had to replace several crank sensors in the past before for this type of fault here.I would have the fault codes checked to see if any codes are set and if any are set those codes then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.If no codes are set when it is stalled out use a scan tool plugged into your vehicles data port and observe the engine rpm signal on the scan tools data list to see if the engine rpm signal is at 0 when cranking over the engine.If it is then the crank sensor needs to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete