UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 W216 CL63 RHD UK Went to my car this morning, which has…

Customer Question
2007 W216 CL63 RHD UK Went...
2007 W216 CL63 RHD UK
Went to my car this morning, which has keyless and the car was dead, so I had to use the key to unlock the door and pull it past the weather seal.
The dash obviously did not power up, so I removed the start button and used the key to switch on the ignition, power up the dash and start the engine, which went fine. I used the car for a couple of hours without problem and nothing required resetting.
On locking the car I realised the instrument panel had not switched off and still remains illuminated 10 hours later, despite locking, unlocking and starting the car several times. Everything else powers down on switching off the ignition, interior lights fade and extinguish on locking, keyless and remote work fine.
I ran a diagnostic using Carly for Mercedes, which showed various low voltage errors on various ecu's, which I cleared. I then went for another drive and the instruments continue to work as normal but wont switch off on locking the car. I ran another diagnostic and just 3 x dynamic seat codes are present, which I've had since I bought the car. No other codes including the instrument panel ecu.
I have a trickle charger attached at the moment in order to prevent another flat battery in the morning and thought I would pull the instrument panel fuses 25 & 29 but my CL63 does not have a fuse box under the bonnet as shown in the fuse guide, which also covers the W221. I have a starter battery on one side and ecu on the other, which I suspect is where the fuse boxes are located on airmatic/non-amg W221.
Any ideas what the problem might be and where I might find these fuses?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
11/24/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Marty, European Car Expert replied 8 months ago
Marty
Marty, European Car Expert

Hi, my name is***** you post the 17 digit vin number for me?