UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Nissan qashqai key fob won't start my car after

Customer Question
My Nissan qashqai key...

My Nissan qashqai key fob won't start my car after programming the key

Mechanic's Assistant: Did the fob come with the vehicle, or did you buy a blank?

I bought a blank from Nissan

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Nissan qashqai 09

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

They have tried to reprogram the key which says successful but it won't start the car

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Car
11/23/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 10 months ago
Matt, Mechanical Engineer

Hello

do you have the original key fob that starts and unlocks the doors? IF you don't then sorry to say you won't be able to code up a fob from scratch without a dealer level scan tool - for the obvious security reasons that are involved with this.

if you do have a working fob then try this procedure:

I) Pull out the mechanical key from the ignition switch.
I) Insert the removed key again, and then turn ignition switch ON. Check the security
indicator blinks 5 times.
III) Turn the ignition switch OFF and then remove the mechanical key from the ignition
switch.
IV) Repeat step b) and step c) to register new mechanical keys.
V) Insert a registered (original) mechanical key into the ignition switch and turn the ignition
switch ON, Check the security indicator blinks 5 times.
VI) Turn the ignition switch OFF and then pull out the mechanical key, Check that the
security indicator blinks every 2.6 seconds when the ignition switch is in the OFF position.

UK Auto Mechanic: Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 9 months ago

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt