UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a mazda nb from 2000 a 1.6 and when the weather gets…

Customer Question
I have a mazda...

I have a mazda nb from 2000 a 1.6 and when the weather gets colder or whetter the engine runs on a verry low speed and the car does not respond on the gas pedal

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No , the engine starts verry bad it turns on 200 tr/h until the engine has reached the idle temperature ,when i than move on it runs good until i have to park or samething and the engine goes below the 800 tr/h than the respons on the gas stops and he runs again much to low

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have bought another mx 5 and tried to change the gas valve, the idle speed valve, the airflow meter and i have placed iridium spark plugs and also changed the fuell pump and te ignition coils

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When the weather is hot and dry, the car drives good

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
11/22/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 8 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like a possible wire connection issue here.With cold or wet weather if there is corrosion in a connector or an issue with a loose terminal or damage to wiring the cold and moisture in the air will affect this and can cause issues like this here.If you have not had the engine wiring harness checked over for any issues this needs done to see if any issues are found needing repaired.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete