UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a colt will not go into reverse ...just shows a

Customer Question
Have a colt will...

Have a colt will not go into reverse ...just shows a flashing O

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Colt?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Colt yourself? What have you tried so far?

No way beyond that in years lol

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Does this service charge for its service?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Greg, Shop Owner replied 7 months ago
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Hi .
If the D is flashing then you will need to get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes in the transmission system.
You most likely have a malfunction with the valve body solenoids , the scan for codes will confirm this for you.
But we find in most cases the reverse clutch most likely failed .
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to.
Rgds Greg
It’s not R flashing it’s O flashing when you attempt to change into reverse.
Sorry which “O” on the gear position indicator .
Greg
As you move into reverse instead of R there is O Flashing on the dash
Okay that’s the “D”
Just looks like a O
Do the diagnostic scan tool and check for codes .
Greg
No its not "R" its definatley an "O"
Ok no problem same applies.
Get codes and get back to me
Greg