UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Its not starting. Everythings fine i got error no connection…

Customer Question
Its not starting Mechanic's...

Its not starting

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Everythings fine i got error no connection ith sasm module here can i fint it?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 1,8 tdci ford mondeo

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mondeo?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mondeo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just to read the codes just tried to start like 10 times

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Batery is fine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
how can i talk in a chat with a mechnic? if its not possible i want my money back
i am getting code U0126
where is sas module located?
11/20/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Matt, Mechanical Engineer

Hello

If the car's not cranking then first check it can turned over by hand by using a socket on the crank pulley nut, so double checking for any mechanical issues

If OK then check that the main battery cables are on tight and the terminals are clean and bright. Do the same for the engine / gearbox earth strap.

Then follow the main positive lead back to the engine and down to the starter motor, and check the connection at this end as well.

There should also be a small wire to the motor which should have 12V when you're turning the ignition switch / pushing the start button to crank. If the 12V isn't there, check back along this wire for damage to the insulation or corroded connections

the code U0126 points to a loss of communication with the steering angle sensor behind the steering wheel, this should have nothing to do with preventing it starting

Before this issue i changed egr valve with egr motor. And when i erased learnt values of egr. Started the car normaly and after
1 minute it stopped. Also found leaks in fuel delivery system right before fuel filter. What i should do next? Already fixed the leak. Car starts after long cranking , but stops after 15 seconds. How to learn the car not to open egr valve after it starts?

Hello

if the EGR valve is new then it should be OK, if its starting then stopping then I'd say to check for an air leak on the fuel supply pipe from the tank to the engine. The engine has no separate lift pump and relies on the built in one in the injection pump. If a leak has developed on the fuel suction pipe then air entering the system will air lock the pump.

Try pumping up the fuel using the hand pump in the engine bay on the filter housing, then crack off / loosen each injector pipe in turn while cranking the engine and getting an assistant to operate the primer. This will expel air from the injection side and the engine should fire up. The problem will be cured by checking the supply pipe along its length for signs of leakage and repairing any you find.
If you daub each pipe joint with heavy grease and the issue goes away then wipe the grease away one at a time to highlight the problem joint

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you