UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Immobiliser seems to be draining the battery. Ticking noise…

Customer Question
Immobiliser seems to be...

Immobiliser seems to be draining the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Ticking noise and lights flash when doors are open

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2011 quashqui

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the fuses but all looks fine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
11/20/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 7 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing to do here is to have the battery tested or try a jump start to see if it starts and runs then.If there is an issue with the battery with low voltage then this fault here occurs causing this issue.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete