UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an issue with my 2011 Land Rover LR2 I recently gave…

Customer Question
Hi, I have an...

Hi, I have an issue with my 2011 Land Rover LR2 I recently gave a jump start to another car during that process I mixed the terminals It didnot cause any spark and the engine was running, after 2 mins I noticed and disconnected the battery The LR2 Worked for a week but the engine was cranking slowly day by day yesterday it stopped cranking, I thought maybe the battery had gone bust so I replaced the battery but no benifit, the interior cabin lis lighting up, Air-Con, Navigation and audio is also working however when i press the start button its not cranking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Fuel supply is good spark plug is ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LR2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its in the local garage but they are unable to diagnose it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope except we connected the OBD and no error codes

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 2 days by:
11/20/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 9 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the starter was engaging slower then what it normally does with this fault here and the battery was replaced and did not resolve the fault check and make sure the battery cables are clean and tight at the battery as well as leading from it.If this is all checked and found o.k. I would have the starter tested to see if the starter itself is at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete