UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Key was in for over 4hrs with ignition on. when i finally…

Customer Question
Key was in for...

Key was in for over 4hrs with ignition on. when i finally want to start it doesnt

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No havent touched anything could it be the battery?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Porsche?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

911 carrera gts pdk (991)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Do you need the vin no as well?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
11/18/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the key was left on for four hours then the battery is definitely dead. You can try a jump start but that may or may not work, depending on how bad the battery is and the condition/quality of the equipment you try to jump with. It would be best to either charge the battery, have it charged and load tested, or replace it with a known good one.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Sorry the response from you came rather late.
Have contacted a porsche dealership here in Cape Town and they sent a technician to jump start. Your advc was right but came rather late.
Have to pay for a call out of R1250, Thanks any way

I apologize that noone responded sooner, unfortunately I'm unable to personally control that.