UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Cant get it out of park. Brake lights work ok no codes. 2007

Customer Question
cant get it out of...
cant get it out of park
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: brake lights work ok no codes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2007 Renault megane convertible automatic
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and Ive just been using the button under the trim
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: UK Car
11/17/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 27 days ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

With the brake lights working, the brake switch which is part of the interlock is good, which means the problem is with the shift interlock solenoid and it will need to be replaced. It should run around 275 to 300£ parts and labor to replace

If you plan to repair yourself, I will need the last 8 of the vin number to pull the directions

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager