UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have changed the battery and the car now starts fine but…

Customer Question
I have changed the...

I have changed the battery and the car now starts fine but the alarm will not turn off. Can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2003 Honda Accord

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

It had been on the drive for about 9 months, the battery was dead and would not jump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The engine will start but the car will not release from park (it is an automatic)

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Car
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/15/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 10 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you
Try a master reset and let see if the battery dead triggered it and with new battery will clear it but since no scanner we do manually now if there is a fault In the anti theft system the. We need capable scanner to know why we have door switches hood switches trunck ,receiver etcMaster Reset1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .