UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 Sedona, rh sliding door. The interior handle lower

Customer Question
Hi there, 2002 Sedona...

Hi there, 2002 Sedona, rh sliding door. The interior handle lower actuating rod seems very different to others I have looked at on line It is quite long with several angles built in. The problem I am having isthe routing of the inner end, on the' remote panel. this is not a powered door. Any help appreciated.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes DIY! Have replaced the outer handle afer breaskage, then the middle mechanism plate.When I try to replace the inner handle, the upper rod is no problem, but the lower rod is the problem. As I say several angles but where do they locale? Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Car
ps. The child lock is located through the door edge correctly, and appears to work ok. I suspect the rod in question is somehow involved?
Answered in 1 day by:
11/17/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast

I am sorry no one has helped You slipped through the cracks or all have viewed and passed. Is there more you can add to your post which may help us more so we can help you. Another option is to just write out another concern you may have and we can try to help on that. I do not want you to feel like we are a scam or avoiding you. We want to help you but we want to make sure the help we provide is not in vain and you will be pleased.

Chris

Well yes. Not very impressed. I have now sorted the problem, with much trial and error. The child lock bar, was preventing the connection piece from rotating into its correct position.

Glad you got it resolved.