UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an audi A4 2008 model. We changed the transmission…

Customer Question
I have an audi...

I have an audi A4 2008 model. We changed the transmission control module.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

The faults now P1841 00 engine control module/ transmission cobtrol module incompatible

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Car
11/15/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life

Here is the code description for that.

18249 P1841

Engine Control Module (ECM)/Transmission Control Module (TCM)

Versions do not match

Incorrect Transmission Control Module (TCM) installed

– Check Transmission Control Module (TCM) identification number

Incorrect or faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

– Verify Engine Control Module (ECM) identification number and scan DTC memory.

The control unit is the same us the one we removed. Everything is the same.
P1701 this code is there and i wabt to know how to go about it.
It’s telling me it’s not the same so I will let another expert help you out :)
UK Auto Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 9 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron, a different expert.

You have one of two problems here, either the new module is defective, or it needs to be programmed.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

The fault I have is P1701 which needs programming. I have a vcds, launch and autel.
Are you here?
Are you here?
Yes it needs to be programmed

Yes, it needs to be programmed.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

I know that it needs to be programmed that's why I am writing to you to help me how to go about the programming. Then I will rate you once done.

You need to download the program from the Audi website to your scanner, then install it by following the prompts. They don't all install the same.

My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

Send me the link to down load

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1NhMqMx5-4

I am ready to be rated now for my time. We do track this too.

Thanks again, Ron

I have thus fault P1701 which needs programming. Kindly help me.

I have supplied you with adequate information and requested a well deserved rating. It's possible that this problem may be over your skill level and you may need assistance from a professional shop.

Thanks again, Ron