UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a manual 2011 kia sportage and they just replaced the…

Customer Question
Hi there i have...

Hi there i have a manual 2011 kia sportage and they just replaced the clutch but now the car doesnt start ita a keyless push start car and i am out of ideas as to what to try

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?

No its a brand new clutch now and you can kick start the vehicle buy i cant start it the lights come one but engine is not cranking or turning

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had a professional replace the clutch but he cant find the issue with the car not starting i checked the fuses and the clutch sensor , also checked the battery and alao tried starting the car by holding yhe pusb start button in for 30 seconda but no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

You may connect me please

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
11/14/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 8 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If they have not checked to see if they had bumped a ground wire loose or left a wire loose or disconnected or even damaged a wire when the transmission/gear box was removed to replace the clutch this needs checked.I have seen this occur several times before in the past where a wire was left loose or damaged when the clutch was replaced.

If this is checked and found to be o.k. the next thing they need to do is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool that can plug into your model to read all computers to see what codes are set.Any codes set will then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.

It is possible the theft system is engaged and they may need to clear out codes to allow it to start or may need to have the security system relearned.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete