UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 94 jeep zj and the Vic just randomly died worked…

Customer Question
I have a 94...

I have a 94 jeep zj and the Vic just randomly died worked fine a week ago, faulty soldering?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '94 Jeep?

Grand cherokee limtied

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, not much trying to find possible problems

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Oh yes, drove the jeep today and it just died but started right back up

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Car
11/14/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the information center has topped working it's either due to an internal failure or a loss of power or ground to it. Testing power and ground to it would be necessary to determine for sure if the problem is internal. If power and ground is present then the VIC will either need to be replaced or you could try to remove, disassemble and repair it. It's possible that resoldering joints may take care of it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.