UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The 2 front side lights and left hand rear tail light are…

Customer Question
The 2 front side lights...
The 2 front side lights and left hand rear tail light are not working bulbs are ok can’t seem to find the fuse for them have check all fuses in main box and in glove compartment and all check out ok any ideas what to do next or is the fuse somewhere else
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: UK Car
11/13/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 5 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check the 10 amp fuse 47 and see if it is o.k.My info is for US model versions but the lighting systems should be close to the same here.If this fuse is o.k. this can be the BCM ( body control module ) at fault as this controls some of these lights.It can develop an internal fault in it causing this issue.You would need to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool that can read all computers to see if the BCM has a code set as well as an internal fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli