UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2013 W204 200CGI. I have recently noticed a faint…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 2013 W204 200CGI. I have recently noticed a faint beeping sound coming from the engine compartment whilst the engine is running. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Auto 61000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Mercedes?

C200 CGI

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I took it to my local Merc guy who had never seen the problem before. He didn't have time to look, but said he was sure the car is safe to drive.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Car
11/10/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Lou P, UK Car Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Lou P
Lou P, UK Car Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

can you clarify what you mean by beeping?

is it similar to the beeping you hear when you insert the key into the ignition?

or ????

No, it is a faint beep, beep, beep when the motor is running.

ok, there is nothing that would make a beep, i am thinking it is a squeaking noise,

does the noise change if the engine speed is increased?

No, it is a beep, same rhythm if you rev the motor. Just a steady beep. Some one suggested a battery on the alarm system. does such a thing exist.

eh, if you press the panic button on the remote and listen to the alarm that is how it sounds.

is there anything additional installed in the car?

have you had since new?

can you record the noise and maybe make a YouTube video or i can send over an offer to exchange emails so you can send me a sound file or video.

Lou

I purchased the car at 18 months, so I have had it a number of years. I am not aware of any additional items fitted. My remote doesn't have a panic. Only Lock, unlock and Boot (Trunk)
Can I sign on to this tread later and post the sound? My wife is out with the car.
Or send the email offer and I will submit the sound later.

you can respond here at any time

email offer sent.

I will always reply no matter which you choose, but we cannot send sound or video here yet.

only links or photos