UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Radio dead, clock dead, no "you left your lights on" beep.

Customer Question
Radio dead, clock dead...

Radio dead, clock dead, no "you left your lights on" beep. Main fuse board by drivers door all fine, wondering where another fuse board might be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

Yeah, think so. Found the main one, looking for the second. Not under the glove box. Is it under the bonnet maybe?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Ford Ranger Thunder 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have checked all the fuses on the main panel. I just don't know where the second one is located. Yeah, doing it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don;'t think so

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
11/11/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The most likely cause for this would be the radio itself but it could be a blown fuse or wiring issue. As long as there are no other electrical components that are not working then the only fuses you're concerned with are in the box inside.

If fuses are good then the issue would either be wiring between the fuse box and radio (unlikely), or the radio itself. What will need to be done is remove the radio and test it's powers and grounds, and if ok then the radio will either need to be replaced or removed and sent out to an automotive radio/electronics repair facility for internal repair.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.