UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

To you! an on going problem for my volvo s40 year 2005 which

Customer Question
good day to you! an...
good day to you! an on going problem for my volvo s40 year 2005 which has to do with the display of the error "brake failure stop safely and immobilizer fault"..
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: i paid to much money at the dealer in cyprus but they still didn't identify the problem can you help me please? thanks
JA: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: never by myself.. i took it to the garage couple of times they put it on the diagnosed and they didn't find anything specific..ones they told me the cleaned the sim box (whatever that is ) and the last time advised me to change it foe 1200 euros. the car cost now max 2000:) the car has 230000km
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Car
10/17/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 month ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Did the dealer happen to tell you of any stored fault codes found and if so, what they were

I also need the last 8 of the vin number to pull the schematics

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Eric good morning. Thanks for the response. The garage never mentioned anything about codes. The vin number I'll send it this afternoon cause I'm working far away from my hometown and the car is not with me. Thanks.

ok,sounds good

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Eric hi again. Well the last 8 of vin number is ***** Thanks

Hi

Unfortunately I do not have any schematics on this one and will need to opt out and see if another expert can help

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks anyway
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Eric good evening. I'm Chris we chatted yesterday for my Volvo. You said that someone will contact me but no one did it yet. Any news please ?
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager