UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My automatic Renault Clio is dropping out of m gear without…

Customer Question
My automatic Renault Clio...

My automatic Renault Clio is dropping out of m gear without moving the accelerator

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?

71 thou just got the car because smashed left leg in motor cycle accident

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '71 Renault?

Its a 2003 clio

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing just searching for info

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
My automatic Renault Clio is dropping out of 3rd* gear without moving the accelerator
10/5/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 8 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This can be due to a fault with a transmission/gear box shift solenoid acting up.I have seen the solenoids act up in the past before causing this issue here needing replaced.I have also seen issues in some cases with the transmission/gear box valve body itself.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set in all computers.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.This has to be done first as this will help to locate the fault.If this is done and no codes are set then the transmission/gear box needs to be tested further to locate the cause of the fault and then repaired from there to resolve it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete