UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My clutch went back in feb i replaced it including the duel…

Customer Question
My clutch went back...

My clutch went back in feb i replaced it including the duel flywheel. The car then sat for a while then when i did drive it the amber power steering light came when i started it , after driving the light went off , but since then every time i plug in and do a reading the code comes up 01309 02/02 ,there is no amber warning light on dashboard , does this still mean its on the way out or how do i fix this issue thanks paul

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No why should i

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2005 r32 golf

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your R32 yourself? What have you tried so far?

SP55HZR no i would get a mate

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just this shoul di be worried or not is the question ?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
10/4/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

battery voltage went low causing the relearn of the power steering. did you clear the fault and does the fault come back after a few restarts?

thanks

the fault comes back but no dashboard light comes on

do you have vag com and if so can you post the entire log here

thanks

What do you mean vag com ?

vag com is a scan tool by Ross Tech where its like the factory tool to read measured values. the reason is that there are other modules that is tied with that and if there are faults with other modules VAG com can recognize the other modules than just a code reader

Marty
Marty
Marty, European Car Expert