UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The engine symbol has come on with the words engine system…

Customer Question
Hi, the engine symbol...

Hi, the engine symbol has come on with the words engine system required. Does this mean a problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Manual just bought it sunday 118,340 mls

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

08

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I am not a machanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Turned the key on and started the engine

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Car
10/3/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Is the engine running normally?