UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Around view cameras not working and i have somehow

Customer Question
Around view cameras not...

Around view cameras not working and i have somehow reset/cleared the control unit coding??? car is an infiniti fx30d 2012 model year

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?

I knew how to enter the diagnostic and calibration/confirmation menu so went in to have a look at this and cleared some settings, in doing so i went to initialise settings and accessory number initialisation and cleared this, now the control unit is red when self diagnosing and i have no volume/speaker adjustment and also tyre pressure warning is on but tyre pressures ok

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Infiniti?

Fx30d7

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

As i said above, went into the diagnostics menu and have cleared functionality...

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
10/3/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Jay, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Jay
Jay, ASE Certified Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.When you put the car in reverse, what do you see on the screen?
Hi jay,
I have only just purchased the car, the cameras did not work, nothing happened when i put it in reverse or pressed the camera button. I entered the diagnosis menu and the around view module had a yellow line from the control to it indicating a fault i guess as all other lines green. I went into the calibration menu and cleared the unit connection log and then i had to select the cameras, then i got a blue screen if i pushed the button/selected reverse.
I then (against my better judgement) went into initialise settings, accessory number identification and cleared these- now i have no sound/volume adjustment and the control unit shows up red in self diagnose

That is most likely due to the around view control unit. That is located under the drivers seat, under the carpet. I have seen sometimes that moisture can develop under there and it cause the control unit to fail.

That is the most likely cause of your problem. When replacing the around view control unit, it will require all the camera's to be programmed and aimed. This can only be done by the dealer I am afraid. But this is most commonly your issue.

What would clicking initialize settings, accessory number identification and clearing this done though, this is what has stopped the speakers working?
i can live without the cameras for know but would like to get the radio/speaker system working again if possible.

The Radio doesn't work? I thought it was just the around view?

Oh.. That settings you did whipped out the configuration for the Radio.. So now only the dealer can re-configure the radio to get it to operate. It requires the scanner to re-configure.

my very first comment, read the last sentence:
03 October 2017 11:26
Hi jay,
I have only just purchased the car, the cameras did not work, nothing happened when i put it in reverse or pressed the camera button. I entered the diagnosis menu and the around view module had a yellow line from the control to it indicating a fault i guess as all other lines green. I went into the calibration menu and cleared the unit connection log and then i had to select the cameras, then i got a blue screen if i pushed the button/selected reverse.I then (against my better judgement) went into initialise settings, accessory number identification and cleared these- now i have no sound/volume adjustment and the control unit shows up red in self diagnose

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Did you see what I said when you initialized the unit?

it just loaded and rebooted

Is it working?

You have to be careful when you go into Self Diag.. You have to watch what you press in there...

Do you have any more questions on this?