UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My secondary air pump keeps blowing. I suspect the relays…

Customer Question
Hi, my secondary air...

Hi, my secondary air pump keeps blowing. I suspect the relays but I don't know which one it is

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

100.000 roughly. It has been starting normally but this morning the battery was dead. I connected the charger and the blower keeps running

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

1998 New beetle 2.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your New Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I normally do. I disconnected the blower to let the battery charge. It is running also without the key in the ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Car
10/3/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 10 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

J299 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Pump Relay
^ In engine compartment, left side, to left of brake fluid reservoir, inside housing