UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Lexus RX300 and the air suspension isn't working. A…

Customer Question
I have a Lexus...

I have a Lexus RX300 and the air suspension isn't working. A mechanic and a vehicle electrician had a look at it and think that it might be an ECU problem. I thought I might take out the ECU and send it for testing. Is the ECU that controls the air suspension the same one that controls the engine?

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

The ride is terrible - no suspension at all. Pretty undrivable. I haven't noticed any fluid.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2004 RX300SE-L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have had it in to my local garage. They told me it was the ECU. I know the if I take it to Lexus it will cost me more than the vehicle is worth. I just wondered whether it was worth sending off the ECU for testing to someone like ECU Doctor?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 2 days by:
10/4/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a suggestion.

Every one get's paranoid of dealers? We are trained on your vehicle not local garages , and have the specialty tools and equipment to diagnose problems as well. People also don't know the fact you have the right to ask who is working on your vehicle what their expertise is and request an experienced one as well. The other thing people do not realize is when it comes to diagnostics you can set a limit what you want to spend to find the problem.

So with all that being said , the reason I suggesting you try the dealer is with our scanner we can do an active test on that system and find the issue in a fast time, usually under 1 hr. If there is a code it will even be faster. The common things that go on these are not the ECU'S but the sensors in the rear or [ride height sensors' So I hope this gives you an idea what to do and if you require further help or suggestions just ask . If your satisfied with my service please give me a positive rating. Thank you.