UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Had it checked out by RAC yesturday. Will not start. They…

Customer Question
Had it checked out...

Had it checked out by RAC yesturday. Will not start. They say injectors as all electronics were fine. If i can do this myself i will give it a go. Competant mechanical engineer!

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No battery is good.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2006 passat 2.0 tdi. It has been requiring a full service for over a year. it was starting to miss fire some times.It had a replacement turbo fitted about the same time. it has not been right since. milage 162K.Nice RAC man said get rid off it! He is right & i am skint!

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

About to search for diy vid on utube

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No unless he can come round ? LOL any help would be a start, thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 3 days by:
10/5/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 8 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing I would check is to make sure injector wiring is all o.k. leading to the injectors.In some cases an injector fault can be found as the wiring needing to be repaired or replaced.If this is or was already checked let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete