UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm trying to reset the driver profile settings with the key…

Customer Question
I'm trying to reset...

I'm trying to reset the driver profile settings with the key and it never stores the new settings it always goes back to the old settings. The batteries were replaced recently the car has not been right since

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

They don't seem to be leaking.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2005 Bentley Continental GT 37000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Continental GT yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'm capable of repairing it and I do have pretty good diagnostic equipment.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes when I scan it it comes up with code 00003 control module defective. Also 01314 engine control module ECM check DTC memory.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 6 days by:
10/5/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 10 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to an internal fault with the driver information control unit or another control unit itself since you have this code set and the settings will not reset to resolve this issue.The codes will have to be diagnosed further to see for sure if one needs replaced to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete