UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The rear edge of the sunroof on my 2003 CRV catches on the…

Customer Question
The rear edge of...

The rear edge of the sunroof on my 2003 CRV catches on the roof when dropping prior to sliding back

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have cleaned and regreased the runners, and made sure that the roof closes as fully forward as possible. Have also tapped the rubber seal onto the glass all the way round

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Car
9/28/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 10 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Check for any bolts for adjustment for the glass.On some models at the bottom corners of the glass or edges there are bolts or nuts that can be loosened to then adjust the glass up and down and you may have to lower the glass slightly in this corner to prevent this from occuring.If this was already checked or done and did not help let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete