UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Is there an inertia switch on a audi 80 from 1994 and in…

Customer Question
Hello, is there an inertia...
Hello, is there an inertia switch on a audi 80 from 1994 and in that case where is it? :)
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Car
9/27/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech replied 10 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Audi does not have an inertia switch for the running of the vehicle.

i presume that the vehicle cranks but does not start correct?

please do let me know!!

The vehicle starts and i get one or two revs from it but then it dies and im suspecting a problem with the fuel pump. Or is there another possibility?
I've checked and I do hear the gas pump building preassure when I turn the ignition. What happens is that i turn the ignition, the car starts, and then it dies. Even if I give it gas after starting it just revs up a bit and then dies. During some appempts to get it going the car has taken a lot of time to even turnover and sometimes the startingengine cant even get the engine to start and then i have to wait a few seconds and try again.

even though you hear the pump is it supplying enough pressure a gauge is needed to verify the pressure!!

just by curiosity is the air intake tube torn or ripped ?