UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have my oil light and filter warning message coming on the…

Customer Question
Hello I have my...

Hello I have my oil light and filter warning message coming on the main colour screen when I start the car. i have to press OK to clear them to use the GPS. This car is an Infinti Q50 and I am in the UK

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Is it not a light it is a message on the main colour display of the car saying oil and filter need changing

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Q50?

2015 model it is 2.2 diesel sport Q50

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q50 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I got a small back street garage to change the oil and fileter but they could know how to get rid of the message

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that is enough

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Car
9/27/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Merc320, UK Car Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Merc320
Merc320, UK Car Mechanic

Hi start youre car

Go to the touch screen display , change to next screen and touch maintenance 1

Then maintenance again , touch all parts , go to oil and reset mileage , then back and touch oil filter and reset mileage.

Mileage you add is 5000 or 10,000 miles however often you change oil.

Go back to start again on screen , turn off engine then start again the warning should have gone now.