UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I bought jeep Cherokee 2-7 CRD gearbox model 545RFE, with…

Customer Question
I bought jeep Cherokee 2-7...
I bought jeep Cherokee 2-7 CRD gearbox model 545RFE, with gear box third gear and up missing. so striped and overhauled box fitted new clutches, striped and checked all solenoid's everything good
re fitted and finished, will only pick 1St & 2Nd,Took it to jeep work shop they plugged it in but cannot find the problem,
Any suggestions
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Car
9/26/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that could be going on and it will require some testing to determine exactly what the problem is. It may be an internal failure or it may be an electrical problem causing it to go into limp in.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to see what fault codes are setting in the trans controller. Do you know what codes are currently setting in the TCM?