UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Pajero 3.2did, 4m41 engine 2 Problems: Vacuum line colour…

Customer Question
Pajero 3.2did, 4m41 engine 2 Problems...
Pajero 3.2did, 4m41 engine
2 Problems: Vacuum line colour code to idle valve and idle stop.
When in `D` or `R` then engine sounds like it is hunting. When in `N` and `P` idles 100%. Starts easily hot/cold.
The vacuum lines have been blocked and removed but the way it is now it drives 100%.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Car
No faults logged on scanner at engine and transmission.
Diesel pump & injectors and torque convertor has been overhauled.
Need the 3 x vacuum line colour codes at throttle body and idle contr when hot.
9/25/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 10 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases it can be difficult to get the color codes you are looking for here.These may have to be obtained by a dealer or repair facility in your area.They may or may not charge a fee.If you do not have a facility in your area to get these you may have to call the nearest dealer to see if you can obtain this info.If none of these are an option for you or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I have my own workshop but have very little help from Mitshubishi in our area. There is nothing that I can work from. Someone suggested it might be lack of vacuum at idling on the engine?
That is why I need the vacuum pipe layout on this Pajero 3.2did with 4M41 engine.
Internet has very limited info or I am not looking in the right places!
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 10 months ago

Unfortunately I dont have a diagram or layout of this here myself.I will have to see if others here can assist further with this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete