UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a peaugeout 206cc 2005 model, when I press the key to…

Customer Question
I have a peaugeout...

I have a peaugeout 206cc 2005 model, when I press the key to unlock nothing happens, also the ignition won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Checked all in working order

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Peugeout 206cc 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself, I have removed the connectors from the battery and left, also tried to reprogramme the key remote by putting it in the ignition and pressing the lock button for 10 seconds

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
9/24/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Matt, Mechanical Engineer

Hello

if you haven't already then I'd replace the battery in the key fob with a new item

and depending on the fob type you have there's a few re-sync options:

CENTRAL DOOR LOCK (1 BUTTON PLIP KEY)

1. Ensure all the doors are unlocked using the key.

2. Press and hold the plip key button until the LED stops flashing.

3. After releasing the button, the LED will light constantly.

4. Press the Plip Button once, and the LED will extinguish.

5. Open the door and hold the Plip key near the Ignition switch, and press the plip button one time.

6. Turn the ignition ON, and wait 10 seconds, then turn ignition OFF.

7. After 5 seconds the Plip should now operate.

CENTRAL DOOR LOCK with DEADLOCKING (2 BUTTON PLIP KEY)

1. Ensure all doors are unlocked using the key.

2. Press and HOLD the large plip key button while the LED flashes continuously for 20 seconds. After 20 seconds press the small deadlock button once while still holding the large button.

3. The LED will stop flashing.

4. Release the large button and the LED will light constantly.

5. Press the large button once and the LED will go out.

6. Open the door and hold the Plip key near the Ignition switch and press the large plip button once.

7. Turn the ignition ON, wait 10 seconds and then turn the ignition OFF.

8. After 5 seconds the Plip should now operate.

206 PLIP PROGRAMMING SYNCHRONISATION—BSI

1. Insert the Ignition Key.

2. Press the small Black button.

3. Switch the Ignition ON

4. Keep the lock button pressed for 10 seconds.

5. Release lock button , switch ignition OFF and remove key.

6. Close all doors and press the lock button 2 times.

NOTE : If PLIPS still do not work, start the vehicle and then turn OFF. Open and close the door, and check PLIP again.

Already tried all of the above.

OK If you'ave already checked the battery voltage? ( is it at least 12V)

then does the car turn over on the starter? is the dash lighting up as normal ?

do you have a flashing 'key' or any other warning lights flashing?

Matt, Mechanical Engineer