UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Same as another customer intermitting starting issue. All…

Customer Question
Same as another customer...

Same as another customer intermitting starting issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes all that is fine, been to quite a few garages , sometimes it starts 1st time others make take a few attempts like it hasnt enough fuel to fully fire up and just peters out, it took me 20mins to start the other day

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

A150 06 plate 169 engine midel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive now left it at a garage and hes tried fuel switch

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Car
9/23/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Has fuel pressure been checked and if so, what is the fuel pressure when it is not starting>

When it wont start, is that occurring only on initial startup of the day when the engine is cold from sitting overnight or does it do it even after being driven and shut off and engine is still warm

Once I get it started it runs fine , when im having trouble starting it and it finally fires up there's a strong smell of fuel ? It doesn't happen every time , it'll start 1st time some days and if I turn it straight off and on but if I pop in a store come out it won't start without quite a few attempts
It gets to about 1000rpm and fades out then when it starts the dial with fly over and back again sounds like I've reved the engine ? I don't know what fuel pressure is just know it runs absolutely fine once I get it started

Ok, by that information, either the fuel pump is losing prime due to drainback or the fuel pressure regulator is leaking internally. A shop needs to check the vacuum hose at the fuel pressure regulator for fuel in it indicating the diaphram is leaking and test for the fuel pressure holding pressure or leaking down and repair as needed based upon both results

UK Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 10 months ago

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Response came to late, by the time I got it the garage had sorted the problem

ok