UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My engine lights come on after starting it and after a drive…

Customer Question
Hi my engine lights...

Hi my engine lights come on after starting it and after a drive a sort drive the epc light also comes on

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

It's has stalled a few times

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

Yh

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your VW?

2000 polo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had 16555,16786,17851,18041 and 17563

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

At the garage the egr valve was change but didn't helped

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
9/21/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

Do you know if they took the EGR tube off and cleaned,blowed air thru it ,the one from egr to exhaust manifold ,Commons issue after replacing the egr and still shows you low flow

do you know if they did that ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

no the did not

I mean i m not next to it , but this tube is always missed and it is usually clogged

also let them check all vacuum lines and do a smoke test for any vacuum leaks

I would advice them to do that and keep me updated it

Read below how to get back in touch with me

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

what do you think could be causing the car to idle at times. camshaft position sensor => sensor- G40 signal too high P0343.
how bad do all these code seem to be. will it be an expensive fix.
thanks for the info I definitely will keep u in touch.

Ok sounds good
Remember to Click those Stars for me on top of your screen so I can be compensated :)
Rating will not close the post will stay open for you for follow ups
Have great night
We talk to you soon
Chad

Hi, I did as u asked and the problem still occurs.
UK Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago

sorry to hear that m what are the faults after the repair ,same faults , did they scan again ?

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat