UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Am trying to replace passenger door lock on a Mk 6 Fiesta.

Working through the two holes...
Am trying to replace passenger door lock on a Mk 6 Fiesta. Working through the two holes in the inner card I am having trouble releasing the glass. The rear push-in peg in the rear slider clip does allow release the glass there but the front slider clip will not release the glass even when the peg is pushed right in. Is the glass retained by any other means? I ask this because with the peg pushed right in, a tug upwards on the glass seems to indicate that the glass is very firmly attached to something else other than the two clips.
9/19/2017
Merc320
Merc320, UK Car Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you.

You do not have to release the glass, wind the window up tight and remove the bottom bolt holding the runner in place.

You can then move runner out of the way to remove the lock assy.

Please keep me informed.

Merc320
Merc320, UK Car Mechanic
Malcolm
Have managed to take the door assembly apart but the glass has to come out on this particular version it seems.
But what a struggle!
Thanks anyway