UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Ran out of diesel, how do i get it started again? last

Customer Question
ran out of diesel, how...
ran out of diesel, how do i get it started again?
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: last serviced this year? and it's a 63 plate car
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: mercedes a class
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: putting diesel in the tank that's all i've done
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Car
9/19/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

Try taking filter housing off and pour diesel in it , ?and try to start , you can spray 2 buffs of starting fluid thru the intake ,but not more than 2 spray buffs and try again , turn the ignition switch from off to on , few times ,each time you do it from off to n wait few seconds back to off wait 10 secs then back on again,we trying to prime the fuel rail ,but will take few times to get the air out of line hopefully

now this as long as fuel pump in tank is working and the high pressure pump is working, i m assuming they are since it was running ,in some cases they will burn out if ran out if fuel and stayed running , the one in tank, what we call transfer pump

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat